Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hoomaluhia Botanical Gardens


I went to Ho`omaluhia Botanical Gardens the other day; if you're ever in Hawai`i you definitely should go! The garden is located about 45 minutes away from Waikiki, but its definitely worth the drive, especially if you plan ahead and bring your lunch and a camera. Ho`omaluhia is just like a really huge park; there are many exotic and beautiful plants from all over the world and there is even a man-made lake in the middle in the middle of the gardens... its really nice to picnic and walk around here, especially since its free :) I personally take lots of photos of my amigurumi at Ho`omaluhia because there is so much lovely green all around, which is very nice when you are tired of urban O`ahu. If you really plan ahead you can even camp at Ho`omaluhia; there are also certain days when you can fish in the lake!










3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Hubby and I were hoping to make our way out to Hawaii in October, but the funds aren't going to allow it right now. Your pics kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, sorry to make you jealous Ashley; when you come you should definitely make a day of Ho`omaluhia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the beautiful flower photos! I visted Hawaii last year and I really miss it - I hope I can visit again one day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...