Wednesday, December 26, 2012

thank you card tutorial

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday!

For those of you who would like to send out a thank you card, or (even just a greeting card) here is a tutorial for you! [Well, maybe this post is not so much a tutorial as it is an idea prompt to inspire you to make your own cards, since they are economical, beautiful and useful (who hasn't needed a nice card for emergencies)!]


The idea for these came from one of the girls in my fellowship cohort; we had needed to come up with gifts to give the speakers in our workshops, but we wanted them to reflect our native flora, fauna and landscapes of Hawaii... Luckily I have taken TONS of pictures of these kinds of things so we were able to make some really beautiful cards that reflected our islands!



I bought an off-white heavy cardstock pack of blank cards using a 40% off coupon at our local Ben Franklin (so they came out to around $4.00 for 50) and I got my pictures printed for free (I signed up with Sam's Club so I got 25 free photos... but you can also try Snapfish or a similar printing service... I think it runs around 8¢ for a photo print).  I used spray glue to create an even coat of adhesive on the back of the photo and then I just put them onto the card.  I had my sister (she has nicer handwriting) put a description of what was on the card and the place it was taken to make it a little more meaningful.

I think everyone has some nice photos of their hometowns: try pictures of moss, flowers, trees, mountains, snow etc that would make really nice greeting cards.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...